A wedding day or anniversary celebration calls for lovely things, like this delicately embroidered handkerchief.
- Purchased 10-1/2-inch square linen handkerchief
- Cotton embroidery floss
- Tracing paper
- Erasable marker
- Embroidery hoop
- 2-1/2-millimeter round pearls
1. Download the free pattern for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Trace the pattern. Tape it on a light box or a brightly lit window. Place the handkerchief over the tracing and use the erasable marker to trace it onto the handkerchief.
3. Following the stitching guide, stitch the stems first, then the leaves and flowers. Stitch the French knots last. Attach the pearls using one strand of floss as indicated on the pattern.