What You Need:Give this gift to wedding guests or to the bride and groom.
- Oval boxes (with lids), 3-1/2 x 2-1/2 x 1-1/2 inches
- Lavender acrylic paint
- Small sponge brush
- Glue stick
- 10 inches of 9/16-inch-wide ribbon for each box (lilac or plum)
- Typing paper
- Rotary cutter, cutting mat, and ruler
- Assorted lavender scrapbook papers (3 for each box)
- Decorative-edge scissors
- Self-adhesive lavender paper roses
- Shredded paper
continue reading below
- Paint the interiors and exteriors of the boxes (bases and lids) with lavender acrylic paint using a small sponge brush. When the paint dries, run glue around the outside of each lid. Press ribbon around the lid.
- Type the names of the bride and groom to fit inside a 1-inch square, set on the diagonal. To check the accuracy of the font and size, print the names on typing paper, cut out the square, and place on the box lid.
- When you are satisfied with the design, print it on scrapbook paper. Cut out the square and adhere it to a second scrapbook paper.
- Using the rotary cutter or decorative-edge scissors, cut out the second square, leaving a narrow border all around. Repeat with a third scrapbook paper. Adhere the shape to the lid and top with a paper rose.
- Fill the box with shredded paper and chocolate truffles or other gourmet treat.