- Download the free leaf pattern.
- Paint the pieces of paper with a brush damp with paint, making different-size strokes across the front and back of the paper; let dry.
- Make a 1/2-inch-wide fold along one long edge of paper; press a sharp crease to fold. Fold the rest of the paper like a fan (folds should run parallel to 1/2-inch fold). Fold in half crosswise, matching the short edges.
- Trace the leaf pattern onto tracing paper; cut out. Place pattern on top of folded paper, trace, and cut out.
- Open the paper and refold all long fan creases. Refold in half crosswise, securing the ends in the center with tape.
- Thread one chenille stem through the middle opening at the fold for the stem. Fold the end of the chenille stem over and twist to make sure it stays attached. Curl the other end of the chenille stem as shown in the photo.
Download the free leaf pattern