1. Draw quilt block pattern to desired size.
2. For stitched tree block, use another piece of fabric the same size for the backing of this piece. (You will also use a layer of batting in between the two pieces at the time of sewing.)
3. On backing piece, draw a tree design with disappearing-ink pen.
4. Sandwich the batting between the two pieces of fabric, and stitch along the outline of the tree drawing.
5. Attach quilt blocks, and lay them on top of a cuddle-soft fabric.
6. Pin layers together well, and fold over excess edges for use as binding on the quilt.
7. Stitch "in the ditch," or quilt fun leaf designs.