Between the proliferation of hot chocolate bombs this winter and the seasonal requirement to eat heart-shaped confections, it's almost impossible to come up with a reason not to buy these adorable faceted heart silicone molds. But before you try, let me give you a few more reasons why now's the time to buy this mold.
1) We have just a handful of days before Valentine's Day, which means you're likely looking for some crafty treats to make for yourself, your sugar bear, or your kids' classroom parties. These petite chocolate molds are the right size for a little DIY confection. You could melt dark, milk, or white chocolates, let them harden, and then drizzle with colorful candy melts or edible glitter.
2) You can make your own Valentine's Day cupcake or cake toppers. If you want to avoid gimmicky plastic cupids or paper hearts that will go right into the trash, make your own edible decor with these molds. Again, any type of chocolate would work well here, or candy melts are a great colorful option.
3) You can make your own homemade filled chocolates, with the flavors you actually want instead of the giant mystery box.
4) It's 25% off, which saves you $4 off the original price.
5) Even though you may think hearts are only for Valentine's Day, I promise you'll find a multitude of reasons to use a heart-shaped mold with a very modern look in the coming years. Baby showers? Birthdays? Anniversaries? This investment is basically paying for itself.
Don't worry; you can get this mold before the weekend. Amazon's Prime two-day shipping will have it to you in no time. That gives you plenty of time to figure out what you'll make in the molds and get your beautiful confections prepared.
The tray contains eight molds, and each mold is about 2.5 inches across, 2 inches tall, and 1 inch deep.
Even if you don't necessarily need the treats, consider these molds a fun family activity. When your kids (and, let's be honest, you) are likely burned out from your typical weekend activities or stuck inside because of more snow, a bit of DIY chocolate making can be just what the family needs. And regardless of how beautiful the chocolates turn out, you'll make a ton of memories. That's what it's all about, right? (Well, maybe buy two or three of the molds so you can make a set for yourself to enjoy after the kids are asleep.)
Buy It: $12 (originally $16); Amazon