8 Best Dining Tables for Small Spaces That'll Make Your Room Feel Larger Than It Is
If the heart of the home is the kitchen, then the dining room is an extension, filled with love and lots of food. It's the one place the entire family can gather and share a meal, so picking out the right dining table is important in providing enough space while blending with your existing decor. Thankfully, you don't need to live in a large house to reap the benefits of a good dining table.
Now more than ever, you can find dining tables for small spaces with creative features, like additional leaves that transform a tiny table into a piece of furniture that seats eight. You just have to know what to look for when shopping for a dining table that will complement your style and make your space feel bigger.
How to Fit a Dining Table in a Small Space
Not all dining rooms are the same, and some homes don't have a designated eating space. To create a dining room or eat-in kitchen that feels open and functional, the best place to start is the table. After all, it will be the largest furniture piece in the room. When shopping for dining tables for small spaces, consider options with a relatively small surface area or one with a favorable shape that can be pushed to one side or accommodate multiple people. Lastly, space-saving furniture like drop-leaf or extendable tables are always crowd-pleasers because they can expand when guests are over and the leaves can be tucked away to save space when not in use.
- Best Overall: Zinus Becky Farmhouse Dining Table
- Best Budget: Livinia Canberra Wooden Dining Table
- Best Round: Rivet Noah Round Dining Table
- Best Expandable: Red Barrel Studio Berkshire Extendable Rubberwood Dining Table
- Best Double Drop Leaf: East West Round Table with Drop Leaves
- Best Narrow: George Oliver Sahara Pub Table
- Best with Storage: Alcott Hill Meidinger Counter Height Dining Table
- Best Pedestal: Nathan James Lucy Mid-Century Marble Table
Here are the best small dining tables for small spaces that are customizable, practical, and stylish no matter your design preference. Even better: they start at just $100.