Super Bowl Sunday Entertaining Menu
This timeline shows you how far in advance food preparation for the menu can take place. Following these tips allows maximum time with your guests and minimum fuss.
Up to 1 month before
- Prepare chili. Cool, store in an airtight container, and freeze.
- Prepare Crunchy Party Mix. Cool, store in an airtight container, and freeze.
- Bake Chocolate Caramel Thumbprints. Cool, store in an airtight container, and freeze.
- Bake Lemon Bars. Cool, store in an airtight container, and freeze.
Up to 2 days before dinner
- Thaw chili in refrigerator.
- Thaw cookies at room temperature.
- Thaw lemon bars in the refrigerator.
Up to 1 day before dinner
- Thaw Crunchy Party Mix at room temperature.
- Prepare Mexican Seven-Layer Dip. Cover and refrigerate.
- Prepare the Spicy Marinated Shrimp Bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Measure dry ingredients for Green Chili Corn Bread into bowl. Cover and set aside. Measure wet ingredients for corn bread batter into container. Cover and refrigerate.
Up to 6 hours before dinner
- Cut lime wedges for shrimp.
- Prepare any chili garnishes you desire -- onions, shredded cheese, etc. Cover and refrigerate.
1 hour before dinner
- Heat chili on low.
40 minutes before dinner
- Drain shrimp, put on platter.
- Heat oven, butter corn bread skillets, and mix batter to bake corn bread. Bake and serve warm.