continue reading below
- Stir a tablespoon of chopped preserved lemon into a slow-simmering chicken stew. Or, add several preserved lemon halves to poaching liquid for fish.
- Add slices of preserved lemon to braised lamb shanks. Or, drop a preserved lemon quarter into the pan as you make your favorite couscous.
- Toss a couple of teaspoons of finely minced preserved lemon in green salads. Or, stir a tablespoon of finely minced preserved lemon into chicken salad.
- Mince preserved lemon rind and toss gently with cooked penne pasta, pieces of crisp-tender steamed asparagus, and basil pesto. Top with a mixture of finely minced preserve lemon and shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Toss several julienne strips of the citrus into stir-fried green vegetables or skillet-fried potatoes.
- Simmer chopped tomatoes with preserved lemon and cloves to make a chutney for roasted pork.
- Before roasting, stuff a whole chicken with a few preserved lemons. Then, top the finished chicken with a simmered mixture of finely minced preserved lemon, chopped sweet onion, and a little crushed black or dried red pepper.