- Wash and trim asparagus spears.
- Season as desired.
- Grill asparagus. We do this a few different ways:
- Directly on the grill rack. Place spears in a single layer on the grill rack and grill 4-7 minutes.
- In a grill basket. Place asparagus in a single layer in a grill basket and grill 4-7 minutes.
- In a foil pack. Place asparagus spears on a sheet of foil, season with oil and spices, and fold foil around aspargus to enclose. Place on the grill and cook 10-15 minutes total, flipping after 5 minutes.
- In a bacon-wrapped bundle. Wrap one strip of bacon around 6-8 spears and place on the grill rack. Cook 7-9 minutes, turning often.
Asparagus tip: Any time you cook aspargus, try to use spears that are uniform in diameter to ensure all are done at the same time.