Depending on what flavor of pie you are making, try one of these substitutions. For every 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs, use:
- 1½ cups crushed gingersnaps (about 22 cookies): This crust is wonderful with apple, pear, and pumpkin pies.
- 1½ cups crushed vanilla wafer cookies (about 33 cookies): This versatile crust complements almost any filling.
- 1½ cups crushed chocolate wafer cookies (about 32 cookies): This dark chocolaty crust goes best with raspberry, chocolate, caramel, or butterscotch fillings.
- 1½ cups crushed sandwich cookies (about 21 cookies): Omit sugar from piecrust recipe. Try this crust with a peanut butter pie!
- 1½ cups crushed cornflakes: This one is ready for almost any filling.