The tricks to preparing this popular filled pasta.
Take a look at these tips for creating Handmade Pasta:
1. Cut the rolled pasta dough with a fluted pastry wheel or sharp knife into 2-inch-wide strips. Place the filling at 1-inch intervals on the dough strip, leaving a 1/2-inch margin around the edges.
2. Brush dough around filling with water. Lay a strip of dough on top of first strip. Press around edges of filling to seal dough. Separate ravioli by cutting halfway between filling mounds with a pastry wheel or knife.
1. Cut a piece of dough a little longer and wider than the frame. Place over the frame to completely cover it. Lightly press the dough into the frame's hollows with your fingers. Fill each hollow with 1 teaspoon of the filling.
2. Brush dough around filling with water. Lay a strip of dough on top of first strip. Roll a rolling pin firmly over the top to seal and score ravioli.
3. Carefully invert the frame onto a floured surface. If necessary, tap one end of the frame against the surface to dislodge the ravioli. Cut dough into individual ravioli with a fluted pastry wheel or sharp knife.