Party Drink Supply List
Before your party, decide what mixed drinks you'd like to serve, and make a list of the supplies you will need.
Our checklist for essential party drinks:
- Liquor: Choose spirits your guests will love, or base your liquor list off of your favorite alcoholic drink recipes. If you're unsure what mixed drinks to serve, buy a few basics: whiskey, Scotch, gin, vodka, tequila, rum, or vermouth.
- Mixers: Mixers are an essential part of most cocktails. Some basic mixers include carbonated water, tonic water, lemon-lime seltzer, and ginger ale.
- Garnishes: Top off mixed drinks with garnishes. Maraschino cherries, olives, lemon peels, and lime and lemon wedges are popular drink garnishes.
- Ice: To keep your cocktails cool and refreshing, have about a pound of cubes per person, and more for warm-weather parties.
- Bar glasses: You don't need a huge selection of glassware. Ten- or 12-ounce all-purpose glasses will work for nearly every alcoholic drink.
- Various bar tools: Be sure to have a few essential bar tools handy, like a bottle opener, corkscrew, cocktail napkins, small towel, sponge, and wastebasket. You may also want to have a blender nearby to make frozen drinks, like blended margaritas or daiquiris.