Start with a plain purchased glazed doughnut, add a couple ingredients, and voila, your doughnut game is on a whole new level!
Try these ideas:
- Sweet and spicy: Simply drizzle a cut-up glazed doughnut with sriracha and honey.
- Pineapple upside down: Halve doughnut, top with a pineapple slice sprinkled with brown sugar, heat with a kitchen torch, and add a cherry.
- Breakfast sandwich: Halve doughnut and add your favorite breakfast toppings, such as eggs, bacon, sausage, and cheese. Add top doughnut half upside down to keep your fingers from getting sticky.
- S'mores: Top doughnut with halved jumbo marshmallows, chocolate chunks, and graham cracker pieces. Heat toppings with a kitchen torch.
- Doughnut sundae: Cut or tear doughnut into pieces and top with scoops of ice cream, whipped cream, chopped nuts, and a cherry.