Breakfast Cookies: The Ultimate Grab-and-Go MealGet this Banana-Oat Breakfast Cookie Recipe
These days, who's not on the run at least a few mornings each week?! Fast-pace lives and hurried schedules make grab-and-go breakfasts super appealing. We want them for their convenience, and if we can make them healthy, that's a bonus. When we take that one step further and make our on-the-go meal something the entire family will eat, well, that's breakfast gold. You can totally make that first bite of the day a cookie and feel good about it!
Get the Banana-Oat Breakfast Cookie pictured above.
The Ultimate Gluten-Free Breakfast Cookie
The secret to guilt-free cookies-for-breakfast success is to get a reliable, healthy recipe that's bursting with nutrition but has flavor appeal, too. This Ultimate Gluten-Free Breakfast Cookie is easy to make, easy to pack, and will definitely get everyone excited for the morning meal. These cookies contain a balance of the healthy fat, protein, and carbohydrates our bodies need. By using oats, sorghum, and coconut flours, they are high in fiber, which keeps us feeling full for hours, provides great nutrition, and satisfies cravings by keeping blood sugar in check.
Tips for Making Healthy Breakfast Cookies
Keep your breakfast cookies healthy, filling, and flavorful by using these tips:
- Start with whole food ingredients. If you are gluten-free, choose flours with higher protein content like quinoa, amaranth, and sorghum.
- Add oats for whole grain goodness and fiber.
- Toss in chia or ground flax seed for added healthy fat.
- Nuts and seeds (as well as unsweetened nut or seed butter) add flavor, natural sweetness, and protein to your cookies.
- For nutrition-filled sweetness, use pureed dates in place of sugar.
- Consider fruit purees like applesauce, banana, pumpkin, or sweet potato to replace some fat in your cookies and to keep cookies moist.
- A pinch of salt will enhance the flavor of your cookies and boost the sweetness.
- Try add-ins like raw cacao nibs, unsweetened chopped dried fruit, or toasted sesame seeds to customize your cookies.