Zucchini, Cheddar, and Sage Crust Pizza with Chicken and Apples
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Brush a 12-inch pizza pan with olive oil. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cornmeal.
- Place shredded zucchini in a colander and press several times with paper towels to remove excess moisture (should be 2 cups packed after draining).
- In a large bowl combine the drained zucchini, 1 cup of the cheese, the egg, flour, 1/4 cup cornmeal, sage, and garlic. Transfer mixture onto prepared pan by large spoonfuls. Press to an even thickness.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool slightly and loosen crust from pan with a spatula (don't skip this step, it keeps the crust from sticking at the end).
- Spread tomato pesto on crust; top with chicken. Top with sweet pepper and apple. If desired, top with olives. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees F. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes more.
- To serve, cut into wedges.
From the Test Kitchen
From our kitchen:
Line your baking pan with parchment instead of brushing with oil for easier cleanup.
Nutrition Facts (Zucchini, Cheddar, and Sage Crust Pizza with Chicken and Apples )
- Per serving:
- 257 kcal ,
- 15 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 72 mg chol. ,
- 393 mg sodium ,
- 16 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 17 g pro.