- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 x 1 1/2-inch round cake pan. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together sugar, oil, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla. Stir in eggs until combined. Stir in flour mixture, carrots, zucchini, and pecans. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Let cool completely on wire rack.
- Frost and decorate using Honey Cream-Cheese Frosting.
From the Test Kitchen
To Make the Carrots
Tint marzipan: Knead orange food coloring (paste works best) into marzipan. To keep hands dye-free, coat them with powdered sugar or wear plastic gloves.
Shape carrots: Roll colored marzipan into carrot shapes and create ridges with a toothpick. Finish with a mint sprig in the top.
Nutrition Facts (Zucchini-Carrot Cake)
- Per serving:
- 682 kcal ,
- 35 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat ,
- 11 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 8 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 79 mg chol. ,
- 378 mg sodium ,
- 87 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 67 g sugar ,
- 8 g pro.