- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 12-inch pizza pan with parchment paper. Sprinkle with ground almonds.
- Place shredded zucchini in a colander set in sink; press several times with paper towels to remove excess moisture (should have 2 cups drained zucchini).
- For crust, in a large bowl combine egg, flour, sage, and garlic. Stir in zucchini. Press mixture into prepared pizza pan. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp. of the oil.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden; cool slightly. Using a spatula, loosen crust but do not remove from pan (this keeps the crust from sticking after the final baking). Sprinkle with salt.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil over medium-low heat. Add sweet pepper and onion; cook 10 minutes or until onion is golden, stirring occasionally.
- Spread Paleo Pesto over crust. Add chicken and cooked onion mixture; press lightly. Bake 8 minutes more or until toppings are heated through. If desired, sprinkle with crushed red pepper and/or additional sage.
From the Test Kitchen
*Paleo Italian Sausage
In a bowl combine 8 oz. ground pork; 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar; 2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning, crushed; and 1/8 tsp. sea salt; mix well. In a large skillet cook sausage over medium-high heat until browned. Using a slotted spoon, remove sausage and drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts (Zucchini-and-Sage-Crusted Pizza)
- Per serving:
- 242 kcal ,
- 19 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 8 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 52 mg chol. ,
- 182 mg sodium ,
- 8 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 12 g pro.