Zucchini and Cheddar Crust Pizza with Chicken and Apples
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Brush a 12-inch pizza pan with olive oil. Sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon cornmeal.
- Place zucchini in a colander and press with paper towels to remove excess moisture (should be 2 cups packed after draining). In a bowl combine the drained zucchini, 1 cup of the cheese, and the next five ingredients (through garlic). Spoon mixture onto the prepared pan; press to an even thickness.
- Bake, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until golden. Cool slightly and loosen crust from pan with a spatula (don't skip this step; it keeps the crust from sticking at the end).
- Spread tomato pesto on crust. Top with chicken, sweet pepper, apple, and, if desired, olives. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees F. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes more. Cut into six wedges. If desired, sprinkle with additional snipped fresh sage.
From the Test Kitchen
For easier cleanup, line the pizza pan with parchment paper instead of brushing with oil.
Nutrition Facts (Zucchini and Cheddar Crust Pizza with Chicken and Apples)
- Per serving:
- 257 kcal ,
- 15 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 72 mg chol. ,
- 393 mg sodium ,
- 16 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 17 g pro.