- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of an
- 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside. In a small bowl, stir together boiling water and butter until butter is melted.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, sugar, and orange juice. Stir in butter mixture. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven about 1 hour or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove loaf from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Wrap in foil and store overnight for easier slicing. Makes 1 loaf (16 servings).
From the Test Kitchen
Frozen blueberries are okay to use in this recipe, too, but they may bleed when you fold them into the batter.
Nutrition Facts (Blueberry-Orange Bread)
- Per serving:
- 126 kcal ,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 17 mg chol. ,
- 138 mg sodium ,
- 25 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 2 g pro.