Orange-Glazed Cinnamon Rolls
- Lightly coat a 9x1-1/2-inch round baking pan with cooking spray; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12x8-inch rectangle. (If the dough is difficult to roll out, let it rest for a short time and roll again. Repeat as necessary.)
- Brush dough with melted margarine; sprinkle evenly with granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll up dough, starting from a long side; seal seam. Cut into twelve 1-inch slices. Place rolls, cut sides down, in the prepared baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (about 30 minutes).
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly in pan on a wire rack. Remove from pan. Drizzle rolls with Orange Glaze. Serve warm. Makes 12 rolls.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare and bake rolls as directed. Cool completely; do not drizzle with glaze. Wrap in foil or freezer wrap and freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, heat wrapped rolls in a 300 degree F oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until warm. Drizzle with Orange Glaze.
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar and 1/4 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel. Stir in enough orange juice (2 to 3 teaspoons) to make a glaze of drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Orange-Glazed Cinnamon Rolls)
- Per serving:
- 119 kcal ,
- 1 g fat
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 11 mg sodium ,
- 21 g carb. ,
- 8 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.