Light Cinnamon Rolls with Orange Glaze
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12x8-inch rectangle. (If the dough is difficult to roll out, let it rest for a short time and roll again. Repeat as necessary.
- Brush dough with melted margarine; sprinkle evenly with the 1 tablespoon sugar and the cinnamon.
- Roll up dough, beginning from one of the long sides. Seal seam. Slice into twelve 1-inch pieces.
- Spray a 9x1-1/2-inch round baking pan with nonstick spray coating. Place rolls in pan with one cut side down. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double, about 30 minutes.
- Bake in a 375 degree F. oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from pan.
- In a small bowl stir together powdered sugar, orange peel, and enough orange juice to make of desired consistency. Drizzle over warm rolls. Serve warm. Makes 12 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare rolls; cool completely but do not drizzle with icing. Wrap in foil or freezer wrap. Freeze up to 4 months. To serve, heat wrapped rolls in 300 degree F. oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until warm. Prepare glaze and serve as above.
Nutrition Facts (Light Cinnamon Rolls with Orange Glaze)
- Per serving:
- 131 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- 2 mg chol. ,
- 194 mg sodium ,
- 23 g carb. ,
- 3 g pro.