Easy Individual Calzones
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare Pizza Dough. Grease two 12-inch pizza pans or baking sheets. If desired, sprinkle with cornmeal.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each dough portion into a 13-inch circle. Transfer dough to prepared pans. Set aside half of the sauce. Spoon remaining sauce and the meat onto half of each circle to within 1 inch of edge. Sprinkle with vegetables and mozzarella cheese. Fold dough circles in half over filling. Seal edges by pressing with tines of a fork. Prick tops. Brush tops with milk. If desired, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until crusts are brown, switching pan positions in oven halfway through baking time. Cut each calzone into three wedges. Serve with reserved sauce. Makes 6 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Easy Individual Calzones:
Prepare as above, except omit preparing Pizza Dough. Use two 13.8-ounce packages refrigerated pizza dough. On a lightly floured surface, unroll each package of dough into a 13x9-inch rectangle. Cut each piece of dough in half horizontally and vertically to form four rectangles. Place dough on prepared baking sheets. Fill as directed, placing fillings over one half of dough (from a short side) to within 1 inch of edges. Fold in half so that the unfilled sides cover the filled sides and the short edges are joined together. Seal edges by pressing with the tines of a fork. Continue with step 3. Makes 8 individual calzones.
Per calzone: 532 cal., 24 g total fat (10 g sat. fat), 61 mg chol,, 1,251 mg sodium, 51 g carbo., 2 g fiber, 24 g pro.
Daily Values: 5% vit, A, 8% vit. C, 16% calcium, 17% iron
Exchanges: 3 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbo., 2 High-Fat meat, 1.5 Fat
Nutrition Facts (Easy Individual Calzones)
- Per serving:
- 596 kcal ,
- 32 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat ,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 13 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 81 mg chol. ,
- 1145 mg sodium ,
- 44 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 1 g sugar ,
- 27 g pro.