- In a small mixing bowl combine 1 cup of the flour and the yeast.
- In a small saucepan heat and stir cottage cheese, water, sugar, dillseed or caraway seed, and salt until warm (120 degree F to 130 degree F). Add to flour mixture along with egg.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining flour; beat at low speed about 2 minutes or until nearly smooth.
- Cover batter and let rise in a warm place until double (about 45 minutes). Stir batter down with a wooden spoon. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Spray 12 muffin cups with nonstick spray coating. Spoon batter evenly into cups. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; let batter rise until nearly double (about 30 minutes).
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden. Serve warm. Makes 12 rolls (12 servings).
From the Test Kitchen
Cool completely. Seal in freezer container; freeze up to 3 months. Thaw before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Dill Rolls)
- Per serving:
- 88 kcal ,
- 1 g fat
- 24 mg chol. ,
- 171 mg sodium ,
- 14 g carb. ,
- 5 g pro.