- On a lightly floured surface divide bread dough into 3 portions. Roll each portion into a 12-inch rope. Line up the 3 ropes, 1 inch apart, on a greased baking sheet.
- Starting in the middle, loosely braid the ropes by bringing the left rope underneath the center rope; lay it down. Bring right rope under new center rope; lay it down. Repeat braiding to end.
- On the other half, braid by bringing the outside ropes alternately over the center rope. Press ends together to seal; tuck under.
- Cover braid and let rise in a warm place until nearly double (about 30 minutes).
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and bread sounds hollow when tapped. Makes 1 loaf (12 slices).
Nutrition Facts (Braided Bread)
- Per serving:
- 51 kcal
- 1 g
- 5 mg
- 38 mg
- 8 g
- 1 g