Wild Rice with Corn and Fresh Basil
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir just until onions are tender.
- Lightly coat a 3- or 3-1/2-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add onion mixture, sweet peppers, uncooked rice, frozen corn, and salt; stir in the boiling water.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 hours.
- To serve, stir in pecans and basil.
From the Test Kitchen
To toast nuts, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread nuts in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until light brown, watching carefully and stirring once or twice.
Nutrition Facts (Wild Rice with Corn and Fresh Basil)
- Per serving:
- 119 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 101 mg sodium ,
- 15 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.
Melissa Braun 1799 Days Ago
How much is a serving size for the nutritional facts listed above? Thanks!