Whole Grain Panzanella with Roasted Vegetables and Mozzarella
- Lightly brush all sides of the sweet peppers, eggplant, zucchini, onion, and bread slices lightly with the 2 tablespoons oil. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. For a charcoal or gas grill, grill vegetables on the grill rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat until vegetables are crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Allow about 8 minutes for eggplant and zucchini and 10 minutes for sweet peppers and onion. Remove vegetables from grill. Cut vegetables into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Grill bread about 4 minutes or until browned and crisp, turning occasionally. Cool slightly. Rub bread with cut sides of garlic.
- Place grilled vegetable pieces in a large bowl. Cut bread into 3/4-inch pieces; add to vegetables.
- For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together the 1/3 cup oil, the vinegar, and lemon peel. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Add the dressing to the grilled vegetables and bread; add mozzarella. Toss gently to combine. Let stand for 20 minutes. Toss with parsley just before serving.
From the Test Kitchen
Icon: high fiber, vegetarian, energy boosting
Nutrition Facts (Whole Grain Panzanella with Roasted Vegetables and Mozzarella)
- Per serving:
- 510 kcal ,
- 36 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 19 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 30 mg chol. ,
- 489 mg sodium ,
- 32 g carb. ,
- 10 g fiber ,
- 9 g sugar ,
- 16 g pro.