Recipes and Cooking Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Cookies 4.3 (10) By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on June 7, 2013 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Kritsada Panichgul Prep Time: 30 mins Bake Time: 8 mins Total Time: 38 mins Servings: 48 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 2 eggs or 1/2 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed 1 cup sugar ¾ cup vegetable oil 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 cup whole wheat flour 1 cup regular rolled oats ½ cup barley flour ½ cup oat bran ¼ cup wheat bran 3 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder ¼ teaspoon baking soda ½ cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces ½ cup chopped walnuts ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut (optional) Directions Preheat oven to 375°F. In a medium bowl beat eggs lightly with a fork; stir in sugar, oil, and vanilla. Set aside. In a large bowl stir together whole wheat flour, rolled oats, barley flour, oat bran, wheat bran, dry milk powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Stir in chocolate pieces, walnuts, and, if desired, coconut. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are set and bottoms are lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack; cool. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 94 Calories 5g Fat 11g Carbs 2g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 48 Calories 94 % Daily Value * Total Fat 5g 6% Saturated Fat 1g 5% Cholesterol 9mg 3% Sodium 19mg 1% Total Carbohydrate 11g 4% Protein 2g *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.