White Coconut Sugar Cookie Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Coat foil with cooking spray. In a medium bowl stir together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter with a mixer on medium to high 30 seconds. Add sugar; beat until combined, scraping bowl as needed. Beat in egg, sour cream, vanilla, and coconut extract. Gradually beat in flour. Transfer dough to prepared pan. Press dough evenly into pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown on edges. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Use edges of foil to lift uncut bars from pan. Spread with Coconut-Lime Frosting. If desired, sprinkle with flaked coconut and lime zest. Cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth. Beat in zest, lime juice, and extract.
Nutrition Facts (White Coconut Sugar Cookie Bars)
- Per serving:
- 161 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 25 mg chol. ,
- 108 mg sodium ,
- 21 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 14 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.