White Chocolate, Cornmeal, and Almond Mini Biscotti
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar and baking powder. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in cornmeal. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour, the almonds, 3 ounces chopped white chocolate, and orange peel.
- Divide dough into three portions. Shape each portion into an 8-inch roll. Place rolls about 4 inches apart on an ungreased large cookie sheet; flatten slightly. Bake about 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Using a serrated knife, cut each roll diagonally into 1/2-inch slices. Place slices on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. Carefully turn slices over and bake for 8 to 10 minutes more or until lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks; cool for 1 hour.
- In a small heavy saucepan cook and stir 5 ounces white chocolate and shortening over low heat until melted and smooth. Dip tops of cookies in melted white chocolate and sprinkle immediately with white jimmies. Place cookies on parchment or waxed paper; let stand until white chocolate is set.
From the Test Kitchen
Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (White Chocolate, Cornmeal, and Almond Mini Biscotti)
- Per serving:
- 108 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 14 mg chol. ,
- 47 mg sodium ,
- 12 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.