White Chocolate, Coconut, and Pecan Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Coat foil with cooking spray; set pan aside.
- In a medium saucepan cook and stir butter and 2 ounces chopped white chocolate over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Add eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Beat lightly with a wooden spoon just until combined. In a small bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to white chocolate mixture, stirring just until combined. Stir in white baking pieces, coconut, and pecans. Spread batter evenly in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut brownies out of pan. Cut into bars. Drizzle with the 2 ounces melted white chocolate. Let stand until white chocolate is set.
From the Test Kitchen
To toast pecans, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread pecans in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until nuts are slightly golden, stirring once or twice; cool.
Place brownies in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Nutrition Facts (White Chocolate, Coconut, and Pecan Brownies)
- Per serving:
- 165 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 33 mg chol. ,
- 81 mg sodium ,
- 18 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 13 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.