White Chocolate and Cherry Biscotti
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In a large food processor combine flour, sugar, oats, butter, baking powder, and salt. Cover and process until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, brandy, and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture, almonds, and dried cherries (knead dough with hands if necessary to combine).
- Divide dough into thirds. Shape each portion into a 9-inch roll. Place rolls 3 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Bake on separate oven racks for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean. Cool on cookie sheets for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Using a serrated knife, cut each roll crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. Place slices on an ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. Carefully turn slices over and bake for 8 to 10 minutes more or until crisp and lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack; cool.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl microwave white chocolate and shortening on 50% power (medium) for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted, stirring two or three times. Drizzle biscotti with melted white chocolate. Let stand until white chocolate is set.
From the Test Kitchen
To toast nuts, preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spread nuts in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until nuts are light golden brown, stirring once or twice. Cool completely.
Layer drizzled biscotti between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (White Chocolate and Cherry Biscotti)
- Per serving:
- 104 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 14 mg chol. ,
- 77 mg sodium ,
- 14 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 8 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.