White Cheddar Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- In a large saucepan cook potatoes, covered, in enough boiling salted water to cover for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain; return to saucepan. Add half-and-half and butter. Using a potato masher, mash potatoes until smooth. Stir in cheese, snipped sage, salt, and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook apples in butter over medium heat for 7 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Cover to keep warm.
- In a small saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat. Fry sage leaves, 2 at a time, for 30 to 60 seconds or until crisp; drain.
- To serve, spoon potato mixture into a serving bowl. Top with apple mixture and fried sage leaves.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as above through step 1. Transfer mixture to a storage container; cover and chill up to 24 hours. To serve, transfer mixture to a large saucepan; heat through. Continue with step 2.
Nutrition Facts (White Cheddar Mashed Sweet Potatoes)
- Per serving:
- 213 kcal ,
- 15 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 29 mg chol. ,
- 192 mg sodium ,
- 17 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.