- In a small bowl combine the water and sugar, stirring until sugar dissolves. In a blender combine watermelon cubes and 1 tablespoon of the sugar-water mixture. Cover and blend until smooth. Divide mixture among paper cups. Cover tops of paper cups with foil. Cut a slit in the center of the foil on each cup; insert a wooden stick through each slit, about halfway into the mixture. Place cups on a small baking sheet. Freeze for 1 to 2 hours or until thick and slushy.
- In a blender combine kiwifruits and the remaining sugar-water mixture. Cover and blend until smooth. Remove foil from paper cups. Pour kiwifruit mixture evenly over watermelon layer in cups. Freeze for at least 4 hours or until completely solid.
- To serve, peel away paper cups.
From the Test Kitchen
Icon: vegetarian, gluten free
Prepare as directed, except substitute 2 cups cut-up fresh pineapple for the watermelon and 2 cups fresh blueberries for the kiwifruit.
Nutrition Facts per pop: 52 cal., 0 g total fat (0 g sat. fat). 0 mg chol., 1 mg sodium, 13 g carb., 1 g dietary fiber, 0 g protein, 11 g sugar.
Prepare as directed, except substitute 2 cups cut-up fresh mango for the watermelon and 2 cups fresh raspberries for the kiwifruits. (If desired, after blending raspberry mixture, pass through a fine-mesh sieve to remove seeds.)
Nutrition Facts per pop: 53 cal., 0 g total fat (0 g sat. fat). 0 mg chol., 1 mg sodium, 14 g carb., 3 g dietary fiber, 1 g protein, 10 g sugar.
Nutrition Facts (Watermelon-Kiwi Pops)
- Per serving:
- 70 kcal ,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 3 mg sodium ,
- 17 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 12 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.
http://www.printablecouponsanddeals.com has tons of great coupons. You might wanna check there before buying the ingredients for this recipe.