Wasabi Shrimp-Stuffed Buns
- Prepare hot roll mix according to package directions through the kneading step. Cover dough and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide dough into 16 portions; shape each portion into a ball. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl stir together the cream cheese, pea pods, carrot, and wasabi powder; mix well. Fold in shrimp.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll each ball into a 4 1/2-inch circle. Place about 2 tablespoons of the shrimp mixture on each circle of dough. Bring edges of the dough up around shrimp mixture and pinch to seal.
- Place buns, seam sides down, on prepared baking sheet. Cover and let rise for 15 minutes. In a small bowl whisk together egg and the water; brush tops of buns. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Place buns in a decorative tin.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare and bake as directed. Return cooled buns to baking sheets. Freeze about 1 hour or until firm. Transfer to a freezer container or decorative tin. Cover; seal. Freeze for up to 1 month. To reheat, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wrap frozen buns in foil. Bake about 30 minutes or until heated through.