Warm Eggplant and Kale Panzanella
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine eggplant, tomatoes, sweet pepper, and red onion. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir in kale. Cover and cook for 15 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, in a small bowl whisk together vinegar, oil, mustard, black pepper, and garlic.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer vegetable mixture to a large bowl. Add dressing and basil; toss gently to coat. Add toasted bread cubes; toss gently to combine. Transfer mixture to a serving platter. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
To toast bread cubes, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread bread cubes in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake about 10 minutes or until golden, stirring once.
Nutrition Facts (Warm Eggplant and Kale Panzanella)
- Per serving:
- 243 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 5 mg chol. ,
- 421 mg sodium ,
- 34 g carb. ,
- 7 g fiber ,
- 8 g sugar ,
- 9 g pro.
Aileen James 619 Days Ago
Nice recipe! I like my kale more soft than hard, so I like to put the kale in an hour after cooking starts. Very tasty and healthy, with very little fats added, but with nice flavor.