Warm Brussels Sprouts with Chicken
- In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Drain bacon on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is done (165 degrees F), turning once.*
- Add Brussels sprouts, onion, and celery to drippings in skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes or until sprouts are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Add apple. Cook, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes or until apple is softened and sprouts are lightly browned.
- In a small bowl whisk together the next 4 ingredients through sage. Add to sprouts mixture. Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Thinly slice chicken. Serve with sprouts mixture, bacon, walnuts, and additional fresh sage leaves.
From the Test Kitchen
*To Use Grill Pan
Lightly grease a grill pan with olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 12 to 15 minutes or until done (165 degrees F), turning once.
Nutrition Facts (Warm Brussels Sprouts with Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 502 kcal ,
- 31 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 6 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 12 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 129 mg chol. ,
- 722 mg sodium ,
- 16 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 41 g pro.