- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove and discard thick stems from Swiss chard; coarsely chop. In a large Dutch oven cook garlic in hot oil 30 seconds over medium heat. Add Swiss chard in batches. Cook 2 minutes or until all the chard is slightly wilted. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp.of the salt and the nutmeg; set aside.**
- Cook noodles according to package directions until tender but still firm (al dente). Drain; rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- For filling, in a medium bowl whisk together goat cheese, milk, egg, chives, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt until well-combined.
- Drizzle bottom of a 3-qt. rectangular baking dish with olive oil. Arrange 3 noodles in a single layer atop oil. Spread with one-fourth of the filling. Top with one-fourth of the Swiss chard mixture. Top with one-fourth of the cherry tomatoes and one-fourth of the walnuts. Repeat layers. Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese. Cover with a piece of parchment paper brushed with olive oil, coated side down; seal tightly with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes more or until cheese is golden and mixture is bubbly. Let stand 20 minutes before serving.
From the Test Kitchen
Because this lasagna has a thick sauce, we don't recommend using no-boil noodles.
Store wilted Swiss chard in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts (Vegetarian Lasagna )
- Per serving:
- 468 kcal ,
- 28 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat ,
- 8 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 60 mg chol. ,
- 708 mg sodium ,
- 35 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 21 g pro.