Tuscan Cheese Potato Bake
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a 2-quart square baking dish; set aside. Scrub potatoes; cut in 1-inch pieces. In large saucepan cook potatoes in lightly salted boiling water 12 to 15 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a 12-inch skillet cook and stir garlic and thyme in butter over medium heat for 1 minute; add potatoes. Coarsely mash potatoes. Stir in buttermilk, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Fold in fontina cheese, half of the Parmesan, and the blue cheese. Evenly spread in baking dish.
- In small bowl combine remaining Parmesan, panko, Italian seasoning, and oil; toss with a fork to combine. Evenly sprinkle over potato mixture in dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden. Sprinkle with snipped fresh parsley. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Tuscan Cheese Potato Bake)
- Per serving:
- 304 kcal ,
- 18 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 47 mg chol. ,
- 653 mg sodium ,
- 23 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 14 g pro.
ALR11315663DW 52 Days Ago
As I was about to move out of my apartment, I scoured my fridge to see what I could "use up" and add to this recipe. Well I strongly suggest adding a dollop or two of basil pesto to the spuds prior to topping. Maybe not Tuscan but definitely Italian. Made the garlic rosemary roast Easter lamb sing!
cneuhaus5 812 Days Ago
2 stars, OK, nothing to write home about. I guess the combination of cheeses didn't do anything for me, and I thought it tasted salty, I guess from the blue cheese (so don't add more!). Not hard to make at all, and I baked in a 2 qt oval casserole.
Jennifer Lawler-Kuse 1935 Days Ago
This is a keeper! I made this for a dinner party, paired with Grilled Flank Steak, and all of my guests agree this dish is delicious. I like my potatoes a bit creamier, so I whipped the potatoes, and it turned out wonderfully! I also enjoyed the size of the dish. It calls for using a 2 quart dish instead of the usual potato bakes that call for using a 13 x 9 dish. I will make this dish again.