Sweet Potatoes with Pecans and Blue Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a 15x10x1-inch baking pan combine sweet potatoes and onion pieces. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil; sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss gently to combine. Spread mixture in a single layer. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, in small skillet melt butter over medium heat. Stir in pecan pieces, brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until pecans are coated in the brown sugar mixture. Remove from heat; spread on foil and let stand to cool completely.
- For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, honey, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Slowly whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until combined. Whisk in 1 tablespoon of the blue cheese.
- To serve, transfer potatoes and onions to serving plate. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with pecans and remaining blue cheese. Makes 6 side-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts (Sweet Potatoes with Pecans and Blue Cheese)
- Per serving:
- 241 kcal ,
- 16 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 10 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 7 mg chol. ,
- 487 mg sodium ,
- 23 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 3 g pro.
anawyn 344 Days Ago
so good even my husband who won't eat vegetables had to take a taste. Rave reviews from the family. I used blackberry vinegar that I made this summer instead of cider vinegar which was awesome, so don't be afraid to experiment a bit with that part.
Amy Milam 1741 Days Ago
I made this for Thanksgiving last year and it was a huge hit. My husband, who does not care for sweet potatoes, thought it was fantastic. It was a nice departure from our usual overly sweet candied sweet potatoes.