Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wash and peel sweet potatoes; cut off woody portions and ends. Cut crosswise into quarters. In a covered large saucepan, cook potatoes for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender in enough lightly salted, boiling water to cover; drain.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Mash lightly. Stir in granulated sugar, the 1/4 cup melted butter, the milk, eggs, and vanilla. Transfer sweet potato mixture to a 2-quart casserole. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, pecans, flour, and the 1 tablespoon melted butter. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping)
- Per serving:
- 462 kcal ,
- 19 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 97 mg chol. ,
- 182 mg sodium ,
- 71 g carb. ,
- 6 g fiber ,
- 6 g pro.
Lisa Goodwin 1016 Days Ago
Made this for the first time several years ago for a family Thanksgiving dinner. Immediately it because a family favorite and now I bring it to all our family holiday dinners. Super easy and inexpensive to make. You can make it up the day before and then just pop in oven for 30 minutes and it's ready to serve. Stays hot for a long time after it's taken out of the oven which is always nice. Very tasty with nice colour and texture!