Spinach Phyllo Triangles
- For filling, cook the spinach, onion, and garlic according to spinach package directions. Drain well in a colander. Press mixture with the back of a spoon to remove excess moisture. Combine spinach mixture with feta cheese and oregano.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a cutting board or other flat surface. Lightly brush with some of the melted butter. Place another sheet of phyllo on top; brush with butter. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap until needed.)
- Cut the 2 layered sheets lengthwise into 3 equal strips, each 14 inches long. Spoon 1 well-rounded teaspoon of filling about 1 inch from an end of each dough strip. To fold into a triangle, bring a corner over filling so the short edge lines up with the side edge. Continue folding the triangular shape along the strip until the end is reached. Repeat with remaining phyllo, butter, and filling.
- Place triangles on a baking sheet; brush with butter. Bake in a 375 degree F oven about 15 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
- Makes 36 triangles (18 appetizer servings).
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare Phyllo Triangles through step 3. Place the unbaked triangles in a covered freezer container; freeze for up to 2 months. Brush with additional melted butter and bake as directed. Do not thaw the triangles before baking.
Nutrition Facts (Spinach Phyllo Triangles)
- Per serving:
- 124 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 23 mg chol. ,
- 239 mg sodium ,
- 9 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 1 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.