Recipes and Cooking Roast Vegetable Tsimmes with Apricots 4.8 (4) Add your rating & review Tsimmes means "a fuss" in Yiddish, but that doesn't happen with this easy recipe. In the pan, separate the beets from the sweet potatoes and parsnips to prevent discoloration. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on December 1, 2006 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Andy Lyons Prep Time: 30 mins Roast Time: 1 hrs 25 mins Total Time: 1 hrs 55 mins Servings: 10 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 4 large parsnips (about 1-1/2 lb.), peeled and cut into 2- to 3-inch pieces 1 ½ pound 1-1/2- to 2-inch beets, trimmed and halved or 2 large beets, peeled and cut into 2- to 3-inch pieces* 2 large sweet potatoes (about 1-1/2 lb.), peeled and cut into 2- to 3-inch pieces 2 large onions, cut into 2- to 3-inch pieces 2 tablespoon cooking oil 1 head garlic, peeled and separated into cloves 1 teaspoon kosher salt or salt ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper ½ teaspoon hot paprika** 1 7 ounce package dried apricots, halved Directions Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In roasting pan arrange vegetables in rows. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with garlic cloves, salt, pepper, and paprika. Do not stir. Cover; roast for 1 hour (do not stir). Uncover; sprinkle with dried apricots. Gently stir each row of vegetables, avoiding mixing different vegetables. Roast, uncovered, for 25 to 35 minutes more or until vegetables are tender, stirring once. To serve, combine vegetables in a bowl. Serve warm. Makes 10 to 12 servings. * Small beets do not need to be peeled; scrub well after trimming. Wear plastic gloves when peeling large beets to avoid staining hands. **TEST KITCHEN TIP: Paprika, the ground red spice derived from the flesh of dried mild pepper, is labeled sweet or hot. Use either variety for this recipe. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 192 Calories 3g Fat 41g Carbs 3g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 10 Calories 192 % Daily Value * Total Fat 3g 4% Sodium 264mg 11% Total Carbohydrate 41g 15% Total Sugars 19g Protein 3g Vitamin C 15.9mg 80% Calcium 70.7mg 5% Iron 1.6mg 9% Potassium 811mg 17% Folate, total 100.8mcg Vitamin B-6 0.3mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.