Potatoes Supreme for 20
- Spray two 12x7-1/2x2-inch baking dishes with nonstick spray coating. Set aside.
- In a 6-quart Dutch oven bring 6 cups salted water to boiling. Add loose-pack frozen hash brown potatoes. Return to boiling. Cover and boil about 7 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Transfer half (about 6 cups) of the potatoes to a large mixer bowl. Mash with an electric mixer on low to medium speed. Add 1 of the 8-ounce tubs cream cheese with chives and onion, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. If necessary, gradually beat in a small amount of milk to make potatoes light and fluffy. Beat in 3 of the egg whites.
- Spoon the mixture into one of the prepared dishes. Repeat mashing with remaining potatoes, remaining tub of cream cheese with chives and onion, the remaining 1/4 salt, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and milk, if necessary, and remaining 3 egg whites. Spoon into remaining prepared dish, piping on top layer, if desired.
- Combine grated Parmesan cheese, fine dry bread crumbs, and melted margarine; sprinkle atop potatoes. Bake in a 325 degree F. oven about 30 minutes or until heated through. Makes 20 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare potato mixture and spoon into dishes; cover and chill for up to 24 hours. To serve, bake, uncovered, in a 325 degree F. oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts (Potatoes Supreme for 20)
- Per serving:
- 143 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 25 mg chol. ,
- 206 mg sodium ,
- 11 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 4 g pro.