Curry Dip with Artichokes
- Rinse artichokes under cold running water. Peel off and discard lower petals. Trim stem to one inch or less. Cut off the top 1-inch of artichoke. Trim leaf tips. Immediately rub the cut surfaces with a piece of lemon.
- Cook, covered, in a large amount of boiling salted water for 20 to 30 minutes or until a leaf pulls out easily. Invert artichoke to drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl stir together the yogurt, dressing, lemon juice or vinegar, horseradish, onion, and curry paste or powder. If desired, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve artichokes warm or at room temperature. Or, cover and chill thoroughly. To serve, pull off all outer leaves and arrange on a serving platter with dip. Discard sharp inner artichoke leaves and fuzzy choke. Slice artichoke heart (the bottom) and add to platter or reserve for another use.
- Garnish dip with green onion, if desired. Makes about 1-1/2 cups dip (twenty-four 1-tablespoon servings).
From the Test Kitchen
Up to 24 hours ahead, prepare dip; cover and chill. Trim and cook artichokes. Cover and chill.