Cauliflower and Broccoli in Swiss Cheese Sauce
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine broccoli, cauliflower, pasta sauce, Swiss cheese, onion, thyme, and pepper.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Stir gently before serving. If desired, sprinkle with almonds. Makes 10 servings
From the Test Kitchen
If you like, substitute 1 1/2 16-ounce packages (about 8 cups) frozen broccoli and cauliflower florets for the fresh. Prepare as directed.
For easy cleanup:
Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts (Cauliflower and Broccoli in Swiss Cheese Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 177 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 37 mg chol. ,
- 573 mg sodium ,
- 10 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 8 g pro.