Big-Batch Grilled Vegetables
- For Aioli, remove the papery outer layers from garlic but leave the skins of the cloves intact. Cut off 1/4 inch from the tips to expose the individual cloves. Place garlic heads, cut side up, in a small baking dish or foil packet and brush sides and top with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Cover and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25 to 35 minutes or until cloves feel soft when pressed; cool. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week.
- Squeeze garlic from individual roasted cloves into a medium bowl; mash with a fork. Stir in mayonnaise, lemon juice, and chives. Cover and chill until serving time.
- Bring a small amount of water to boiling in a large saucepan; add asparagus and carrots. Return to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, covered, 3 minutes. Drain well. Set aside. Lightly coat a grilling tray or vegetable grilling basket with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- Brush all vegetables with the 2 tablespoons olive oil and place on the prepared grilling tray or in prepared vegetable grilling basket.
- Grill vegetables in an uncovered grill directly over medium heat until tender, turning occasionally with long-handled tongs. Monitor grilling carefully so vegetables don't char; a few grill marks are fine. Allow 2 to 3 minutes for tomatoes, 3 to 5 minutes for asparagus and carrots, 5 to 6 minutes for onion and sweet pepper. Remove vegetables from grill as done. Salt and pepper to taste. Cut eggplant slices in half and cut each quartered pepper in half again.
- Arrange one-third of vegetables on serving platter alongside Aioli. Makes 30 appetizer servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Nutrition facts per serving with 1-1/2 tablespoons Grand Aioli.
For double service, serve one-third of the vegetables with the aioli for a party; cover and refrigerate remaining vegetables (8 cups) for Grilled Ratatouille and Spicy Grilled Vegetable Couscous.
Nutrition Facts (Big-Batch Grilled Vegetables)
- Per serving:
- 124 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 195 mg sodium ,
- 8 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 1 g pro.