Vanilla Cake Doughnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a mini doughnut pan with cooking spray.**
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, brown sugar, egg, oil, and vanilla; whisk until smooth. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture; stir until well mixed and smooth.
- Spoon batter into a large resealable plastic bag. Using scissors, cut off a corner; squeeze batter into prepared pan, filling each indent about two-thirds full. Bake about 8 minutes or until doughnuts are nearly firm when lightly pressed. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 3 minutes; turn out doughnuts onto rack.
- In a small bowl, stir together granulated sugar and cinnamon. Dip warm doughnuts into sugar mixture, turning to coat. Makes 24 mini doughnuts (3 doughnuts per serving)
From the Test Kitchen
Choose Splenda® Brown Sugar Baking Blend to substitute for the 1/2 cup brown sugar. Choose from Splenda® Sugar Blend for Baking or Sun Crystals® Granulated Blend to substitute for the 2 tablespoons granulated sugar. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 1/2 cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar.
PER SERVING WITH SUBSTITUTE: same as above, except 145 cal., 176 mg sodium, 23 g carb. Daily Values: 3 percent calcium, 3 percent iron. Exchanges: .5 other carb. Carb Choices: 1.5.
*Test Kitchen Tip:
If necessary, bake doughnuts in two batches, washing pan and coating again* with nonstick cooking spray before filling with the remaining batter.
Nutrition Facts (Vanilla Cake Doughnuts)
- Per serving:
- 172 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 1 mg chol. ,
- 180 mg sodium ,
- 32 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 18 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.