Ultimate Chocolate Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium heavy saucepan combine the 2 cups chocolate pieces and 2 tablespoons of the butter. Heat and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the remaining butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in brown sugar until combined. Beat in eggs, one at a time, scraping sides of bowl after each addition. Beat in the melted chocolate mixture and vanilla until combined. Add the flour mixture and beat on low speed until well combined. Stir in the 1 cup chocolate pieces. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm and surface is slightly cracked. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Dip each cookie one-third to halfway into Chocolate Ganache. Let stand until ganache is set.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze undipped cookies for up to 3 months. If frozen, thaw and dip in ganache as directed.
- In a small heavy saucepan combine whipping cream, butter, and sugar. Bring just to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat. Place chocolate pieces in a medium mixing bowl. Pour hot cream mixture over chocolate; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Let cool to room temperature before using. Makes about 1-1/4 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Ultimate Chocolate Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 102 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 17 mg chol. ,
- 57 mg sodium ,
- 13 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 10 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.