Two-Tone Cinnamon Cookies
- In a large bowl combine butter and cream cheese. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add powdered sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour. Cover and chill about 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough until 1/4 inch thick. Using a fluted round 3-1/2-inch cookie cutter, cut out dough. Place cutouts 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool.
- Fill a small resealable plastic bag with Cinnamon Glaze. Snip off one small corner; set aside. Spoon White Glaze over tops of cookies, spreading almost to the edges. Place cookies on a wire rack set over waxed paper. Drizzle with Cinnamon Glaze. If desired, gently swirl a knife through glazes to marble. (Reheat either glaze in the microwave if necessary.) Let stand until glazes are set.
From the Test Kitchen
Place cookies in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- In a small saucepan combine white baking pieces and shortening. Cook and stir over low heat until melted.
- In a small saucepan combine cinnamon-flavor pieces and shortening. Cook and stir over low heat until melted.
Nutrition Facts (Two-Tone Cinnamon Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 385 kcal ,
- 20 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 39 mg chol. ,
- 231 mg sodium ,
- 45 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 29 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.