Twisted Buffalo Wings
The day before:
- Preheat broiler. Cut off and discard tips of chicken wings. Cut wings at joints to form 32 pieces. Place chicken wing pieces on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender and no longer pink, turning once; cool slightly. Place chicken pieces in a storage container.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine chili sauce, hot pepper sauce, and butter. Pour sauce mixture over chicken pieces; cover and chill overnight.
- Transfer chicken mixture to a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with a car adapter. Cover and heat on high-heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until heated through.
- Tightly cover slow cooker and tote in an insulated carrier. Tote salad dressing and celery in an insulated cooler with ice packs.
- At the tailgating site, plug slow cooker into car adapter and keep chicken wings warm on warm-heat setting. Serve with salad dressing and celery. Provide moist towelettes when serving.
From the Test Kitchen
3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with a car adapter
Insulated cooler with ice packs
Nutrition Facts (Twisted Buffalo Wings)
- Per serving:
- 230 kcal ,
- 18 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 6 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 50 mg chol. ,
- 515 mg sodium ,
- 6 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 11 g pro.